Smoking is a harmful habit that affects not only the smoker but also the people around them. Many young students, especially those in classes 6 to 12, need to understand the dangers of smoking. In this letter, I will advise my best friend to give up smoking and adopt a healthier lifestyle. This example will help students learn how to write letters that are informative and easy to understand.
A Letter to My Best Friend Advising Him to Quit Smoking*
6, Kandapara,
Narshingdi.
18 September 2024.
Dear Abir,
I hope you are doing well. I have been thinking a lot about something important that I wanted to talk to you about. As your best friend, I feel it is my responsibility to bring this up for your well-being. I have noticed that you have become a regular smoker, and it worries me a lot. I care about you, and I want you to live a healthy and happy life.
Smoking, as you know, is a very dangerous habit. It causes many serious health problems, such as lung cancer, heart disease, and breathing issues. You might feel fine now, but in the long run, smoking can destroy your health. I know quitting might be difficult, but if you try, you can succeed. There are so many ways to stop smoking, like using nicotine patches or seeking help from professionals.
Think about the people who care for you—your family, friends, and me. We all want to see you happy and healthy. Smoking doesn't only hurt you; it also affects those who are close to you. Second-hand smoke can harm others, especially kids and elderly people. You have so much potential in life, and I don't want you to throw it away because of this bad habit.
I know you are strong and capable of doing anything you put your mind to. Please think about what I said and take the first step to quit smoking. Start by reducing the number of cigarettes you smoke daily, and then try to stop completely. Your body and mind will thank you for it in the future.
Take care of yourself, and I hope you understand why I am saying all of this.
With love,
Your best friend,
Hera
.jpg)
Post a Comment