The Padma Bridge is a major achievement for Bangladesh and a source of national pride. It is one of the largest bridges in the world, playing a vital role in connecting different parts of the country. Students, especially those in classes 6 to 12, can learn about this important infrastructure project by writing letters to friends in other countries, sharing key information. In this letter, I will inform my friend about the Padma Bridge and its significance.
A Letter to My Friend Informing Him About the Padma Bridge*
Dear James,
I hope you're doing well! I was so excited to hear that you learned about the Padma Bridge on the internet. I would love to share more about it with you, as it's a huge accomplishment for my country, Bangladesh.
The Padma Bridge is the largest bridge in Bangladesh and one of the longest in the world. It is 6.15 kilometers long and connects the southwest part of Bangladesh to the capital, Dhaka. Before the bridge was built, people had to rely on ferries to cross the Padma River, which was time-consuming and difficult, especially during the rainy season. Now, the bridge has made travel much faster and more convenient for millions of people.
Construction of the Padma Bridge was a major challenge. It started in 2014 and took several years to complete due to its large size and strong river currents. The total cost was around $3.6 billion, and it was funded entirely by Bangladesh without any foreign loans. This makes the bridge even more special for us, as it shows the strength and determination of our country.
Not only does the bridge make transportation easier, but it also plays an important role in the economy. It helps farmers, traders, and businesses move their goods more quickly across the country. This means more opportunities for trade and development in rural areas that were previously hard to reach.
I’m sure you would love to visit the Padma Bridge someday if you come to Bangladesh. It's an amazing sight, especially at sunset, when the whole bridge lights up and reflects beautifully over the river. It's something that makes us all proud, and I’d love to show it to you when you visit.
Take care, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Your friend,
Rafi

Post a Comment